Senior Lawyer – Corporate & Commercial
Liesl is a highly competent corporate and commercial lawyer with of over 10 years’ experience. Liesl has been a valued member of Summers Legal since April 2015. Her specialty of expertise is in the area of Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) matters. She has acted on numerous capital raisings (including initial public offerings, re-compliance and excluded offers), merger and acquisition transactions and compliance with the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules requirements. Specifically her experience covers:
- the conduct of extensive corporate due diligence;
- drafting of various disclosure documents;
- advising on and drafting asset acquisition agreements, director and employee incentive plans, management agreements, and confidentiality agreements;
- provision of advice and drafting of subscription and shareholder agreements together with finance and security documentation on behalf of investors in private companies;
- legal research and advising on directors duties, related party transactions and takeover provisions;
- advising on and drafting of director and company meeting documentation, company constitutions, and shareholder agreements; and
- advising on Corporation Act requirements and ASX Listing Rules, and liaising with the ASIC and the ASX on behalf of the client.
Liesl also has extensive general commercial experience having acted on numerous commercial transactions involving:
- acquisition\sale of assets;
- provision of services;
- licensing agreements;
- finance and security documentation;
- mining and resources agreements, leasing and licensing.